Ordinarily, course heads meet with their teaching staff on a weekly basis throughout the term. These meetings are typically held in a seminar or conference room in the course head’s department. If no appropriate room is available, we suggest you use the FAS Registrar’s online room scheduling system to reserve a room. Please contact your Course Coordinator if you need assistance.
Instructional Lunch Fund
Funds are available to facilitate regular meetings over lunch (or breakfast, coffee, etc.) between course heads and their section leaders to discuss course-related matters.
You may wish to consult the Gen Ed Office’s list of local dining options other teaching staff have used for staff meetings with the Instructional Lunch Fund and locations that are Crimson Cash friendly. For additional questions on best practices regarding local dining vendors, please contact your Course Coordinator.
- Teaching staff groups must meet a minimum of six times and attendees must include the instructor.
- Course heads may be reimbursed up to a maximum of $12.50 per person/per meeting, up to 15 meetings per term.
- Instructors are responsible for tracking the amount they are spending as the semester progresses. The funds are simply a contribution to meals, and may not always cover the full cost. These funds have been used to fund meetings over coffee, lunch at local restaurants (pizza is a great, cost-effective option) and visits to the Harvard University Dining Services (HUDS) cafés.
- These funds are to be used only for regular instructional staff meetings. Other types of instructional or staff meetings (e.g., section meetings, one-on-one meetings with students/instructors, year-end gatherings, etc.) cannot be charged to this fund.
- Instructional lunch funds may not be used to purchase alcohol.
- Pre-loaded Crimson Cash cards are one alternative to reimbursement for out-of-pocket expenses at the HUDS cafés. For more information on this option, please contact your Course Coordinator.
For reimbursement/Crimson Cash card tracking, instructors must submit a completed and signed Reimbursement Form, list of attendees and an itemized receipt (If receipts or itemized receipts are not available, you must also submit a signed Missing Receipt Affidavit) to your Course Coordinator. All reimbursements must be submitted within 90 days of the transaction.